Tuesday, June 5, 2012

May 2012 Empties

Hello Everyone!

So I decided that I'm going to do a monthly empties post of all the products I use up and talk about them!I don't go through products very fast.. I wash my hair every three days and I'm terrible for not taking my makeup off all the time too... I know I'm bad.. I'm trying to really break that habit with sleeping with my makeup on! I decided I was going to start doing these posts in the middle of May soooo I must have thrown out some other used up products but ya know...


Orlane Magnificent Hair Care Intensive Restructuring Treatment- I just really didn't like this product at all. After shampooing I put this product in my hair and left it on for about 10 min and then rinsed it out. The product states that it repairs and protects your hair. The smell kinda reminds me of hand lotion. When brushing out my hair it was all in knots... I can tell that if I use a really good treatment I should be able to comb through my hair with no effort at all but in this case I needed my leave-in to do the job.

Mereadesso Beautiful Body Balm- I LOVE the smell of this product and the way it made my skin feel. It is non-greacy and it did make my skin feel refreshed and soft. I would not re-purchase just because of the price tag which is $54 for the full size but I do like the product.. its just that I can find something else I like cheaper.

Cargo Lash Activator- I REALLY like this mascara! I love the formula and the way it goes on and I really do feel like it makes my lashes fuller and longer. I like trying new mascaras all the time though so I don`t know if I would go and buy this product again but if I had to I would def consider re-purchasing this again.

Redken Colour Extend Shampoo and Conditioner- Another product I wouldn't use again. The smell is not too bad but not the greatest either. My hair turns out good at first but I as the day goes on... it starts to look like there's no life.. I need volume for my blonde hair!



Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts?





16 comments:

  1. I have the lash activator from Cargo too! It is a good mascara- gives me crazy length! I also have the orange smelling body balm lotion, which is okay but not my favourite. I keep mine in my purse for moisturizing my hands on the go currently!

    I am hosting a 150 follower BENEFIT COSMETICS giveaway, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I love the mascara! I think its $35 for the full-size but I think its worth buying it..

      Delete
  2. Great reviews, I haven't tried any of these products before so thanks for the tips!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Mereadesso body balm too, but it is expensive and you can definitely find cheaper alternatives. The Redken samples I didn't think were all that great either...I have not tried Cargo Lashactivator yet so we shall see! I just started doing EMPTIES too so let's see how the two of us do for the month of June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We shall see what I use up.. sometimes I start collecting too many things instead of using..

      Delete
  4. Haha I am the worst offender for sleeping with my makeup on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I wrote this post yesterday and still went to sleep with makeup... terrible

      Delete
  5. This is such a good idea! I felt the same way about the Body Balm...I liked it but would never spend that amount of money for the full size and the Redkin shampoo & conditioner was okay...nothing amazing! You sleep with your make up on??? You would never be able to tell...your skin looks AMAZING!!! I wish I could do that! Haha! I hate washing my face at night when I'm tired & all I want to do is jump into bed & sleep! LOL XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..but yes I do.. :( At night if I remember to take off my makeup.. I usually use my make-up wipes!

      Delete
  6. I LOVEDD the Meredesso, the scent is soo lovely..agree with Chelsea though super expensive for the full size! I didn't like my Redken samples at all, I don't have colored hair but I tried anyway..it made my hair super dry:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S) Just subscribed! Great blog;)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Ya I agree.. too expensive for the full size not worth it!

      Delete
  7. I got the Cargo lash activator in my May Luxe Box and have been using it. Love how easy it glides on. Mine comes in a package of day and night. But I always forget to put it on at nite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I haven't seen that before! I wonder what that does!

      Delete
  8. Nice reviews!
    I would love to try this mascara!

    If you want, check out my blog:
    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete