Friday, November 2, 2012

October 2012 Empties

Hey Everyone!

This month just flew by.. but I can actually say I think I did a pretty good job with my empties this month *pats self on back* I also have a pretty decent amount of products that are almost used up as well.. I am really trying to use up what I have.. until Black Friday.. then I'm going to all out that day! I love going to Ulta Beauty in the states and doing some damage there.. they have pretty good deals on that day.. It would be lovely if the Naked Palette 2 was on sale... a girl can dream....right?

Now lets start reviewing..


1. Osis Session 3 Finish Hair Spray- This is my FAV hair spray out of everything I have used before. I have been using this can since April of this year and finally finished it (don't use hair spray often) I used this product while I was in Mexico for my friends wedding and I curled my own hair.. even through the rain and heat this hair spray was my new best friend! I bought another hair spray the other day and still nothing will compare to this! The smell is also not bad as well! Already Repurchased. 

2. Shiseido Sun Protection Compact Powder (SP30)- Again I bought this for my Mexico trip in April and now just finished it. The reason why I bought this product was because I didn't want to put sunscreen on my face and break out so I bought this as my alternative. When the lady told me that's all I needed to protect me from the sun I didn't believe her. I was soo scared going out just with this powder on my face... and my result.. no sunburn.. I was amazed! I used this for the whole trip! I have been using it to set my foundation ever since. Would Repurchase. 

3. Bath & Body Works Shower Gel (Pink Grapefruit) - When I bought this in the store I loved it but when I brought it home and used it... I hated it. The smell was a "true" grapefruit smell.. and I don't like that. I like a sweeter grapefruit smell. Wouldn't Repurchase. 

4. O.P.I Avojuice Hand and Body Lotion (Mango)- I love how moisturizing this lotion is. I just throw this little lotion in my bag and I'm off! I love the smell of the sweet mango. I've been doing my clinical for school and using this hand lotion has helped me with my itchy hands from overusing hand sanitizer. Would Repurchase. 

5. Pantene Aqua Light Conditioner- This product didn't make a different to my hair. The smell is good.. it smells very fresh but for my hair type I like using conditioners for chemically treated hair. Wouldn't Repurchase. 

6. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream (Light/Medium)- I didn't love this product. When it went on it was a pretty nice coverage and my skin looked pretty good.. but then as my day went on it made my skin too shiny for my liking. Wouldn't Repurchase.

7. Gosh BB Cream- Hated this product. When applying it.. it made my skin instantly oily and shiny.. I didn't understand what was happening. I grabbed my compact powder and tried to set it and still it wasn't helping. Wouldn't Repurchase. 

8. Perfume Samples- 
Lady Gaga Fame- Wonderful scent...I would wear this perfume for going out or at night because the scent is quite strong (would buy).
Lovestruck Floral Rush- Wayy too floral for me. The smell stays with you all day but the scent is not for me (wouldn't buy)
Burberry Body- Another perfume that lasts all day but the scent is too powerful for me (wouldn't buy)
Thierry Mugler Alien- Glad I get to try these samples.. another let down for me.. didn't like the smell (wouldn't buy)

9. Sugar Lip Treatment (Fresh)- LOVE this lip product.. it makes my lips feel really smooth and the smell is to die for. Would Repurchase.

10. B. Kamins Nia-Stem Eye Cream- Received this sample from a Luxe Box. I have never heard of the product before. The cream comes out white with little specks of blue in it. I do think its a pretty good cream.. the scent is pretty good. I have already purchased another eye cream instead. Wouldn't Repurchase. 

There ya have it... all my empties for the month of October! If you have any questions about any of the products please leave a message below and I'll answer them!

Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts?


38 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any shiseindo products put number 2 looks really cute :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that product. I will def be buying it again for my next vacation!

      Delete
  2. Hey Brittany, if you can't get your hands on the Naked palette, try getting the Quo Back to Basics palette it is almost an exact dupe.

    I wish I could use up this many products in a month. I only had a few empties so I am going to wait and do a post like this at the end of November.

    :) Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about this palette through another blogger, OMG I need haha!!!
      I visited only one Shoppers so far and it was all sold out.
      The Quo palette is gorgeous:)

      Delete
    2. Ya I'll def check that out! I have not looked at it yet!
      I'll try to find a picture!
      Good luck on your empties! I just put all my samples together and pick a couple to get through every month instead of trying to use them all at once!

      Delete
  3. Alien is one of my favourite scents, it smells amazing on, I am kind of sad you didn't like it!
    Gaga perfume was so generic for me, there is nothing unique about it aside from the fact that the perfume is black (I thought that was cool)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar Lip Treatment all the way!!! I just got the 6 piece Christmas set from Sephora and I am so excited! Good job girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that! I'm thinking about maybe getting it!
      Did you see the bonus sample pack you can get if you spend over $35?
      What a good treat!

      Delete
  5. I love the opi lotions they smell so good. I forgot all about them until I saw your post...now I may have to go buy one! Also I hated the maybelline bb cream awful product in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya it was soo bad.. don't even try the Gosh one it was worst!
      Ya I love the OPI lotions they smell soo good!

      Delete
  6. Oh good to know about those two BB creams. I've been wanting to try one but don't know which to go with. I'm waiting for you to tell me which one to buy, haha! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd get the Smashbox BB cream... I like that one so far the best!

      Delete
  7. Good job! I always have such a hard time to empty things out!

    Mooij

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.. but I think I did a pretty job job! I'm on a buying freeze right now.. so trying to use up some things!

      Delete
  8. Great reviews! I've wanted to try out the BB cream from Maybelline so it's good to know what you thought. I may pass if it made you have shiny skin. I personally don't like that. Thanks for sharing!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes please don't waste your money and try the two bb creams I talked about!

      Delete
  9. Good job! I found that the BB cream gave me mid morning shine as well... I thought maybe it was my moisturizer. I couldn't figure out why it looked like I had dove into a vat of oil. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha soo true.. and when I get a shiny face like that.. I'm instantly self conscience.. its soo weird!

      Delete
  10. lovely blog, really enjoyed it

    want to follow each other? :)

    www.anightinnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww thanks love! Of coarse I'll follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too.. I like wearing them everyday instead of heavy foudation

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some great products here! I wanna try the Shiseido Powder, i have their sunscreen but feel its too thick!

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love most of the products you posted.
    Thanks for the review of some interesting brand I'm about to purchase.
    Cute blog by the way.
    I am following you now, #116th FOLLOWER
    Please follow back.
    NERZA OF www.fashionerza.com
    (looking for a mutual follower)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute blog! I am now following! I'd love for you to check out mine!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi darlin! Just found your blog and am your newest follower on GFC #118! Check out my blog if you'd like! Thanks:)!

    Rita @ www.CoastWithMe.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found your amazing blog, and I've followed you! I'd love it if you could check my blog out

    Lauren,
    Laurensbeautydepartment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this post! Will definitely be trying number 9, thanks for the suggestions.

    I'm your newest follower!

    kasey @ barelyfabricated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The sugar lip treatment sounds amazing! I will definitely check that out!
    Great post and lovely blog! :)

    Natasha Carly x
    prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I started using Pantene, really like the smell but like you, didn't really make a difference. I may go back to my random finds at Marshalls :)
    I just started following you on gfc, feel free to follow back.

    Also, through my blog I sell new & recycled high-end fashion at great starting prices, all the way from Philadelphia!

    www.abi-asaturdaymorning.blogspot.com
    Abigail K

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love empties posts! Great products, thank you for sharing!


    New follower from the hop, follow back?

    http://www.simplyblushed.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for joining the hop be sure to check out tomorrows hop on my blog

    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love trying to use what I have. I have so so many products that never seem to be fully used! Thanks for sharing! New follower from the hop!
    http://sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good to know about that GOSH BB Cream.. I keep seeing it at Shoppers and have been trying to decide if I should try it.. you saved me some money :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the Maybelline BB cream its one of my favourites!

    delightfuldisaster.com

    ReplyDelete